Thursday, June 7, 2018

Revitalizing Wednesday's Crafts

Many years ago I had this blog up and running. For a while I was quite consistent with it. I have decided it needs to be revitalized. I removed all the old patterns I had on here. Fear not, there are many patterns to come and possibly some old ones will be returning.

My skills as a crocheter, have vastly improved. I wasn't terrible before, but I am much better now. My yarn collection is a bit overwhelming. I recently moved it from a couple locations (long story) to my home. It is organized (a huge thank you to my other half for most of that) and has been calling my name.

I currently have 3 major projects going on, all blankets. One is a blanket for my step-son, C. He picked the pattern and the colors. He'd been asking me for a while to make him one, because he'd seen the smaller, older ones I had made for my children. I started it about a month ago and it is coming along nicely. I am also working on a solid granny square-pixel-skull blanket for a friend. I've had the materials for quite a while, but I got distracted with life and put off working on it. But, I have been rotating it with my other projects, that way I don't get bored with any of them and they all get worked on, on a regular basis.

I am also working on a temperature blanket for my mother. It covers December 28, 1983 to December 28, 1984, from the day my parents got married to their first anniversary. It took me a while, but I managed to gather the highs and lows for each day. Which was 367 days. It happened to be a leap year and I wanted to include their 1 year anniversary, so I ended up with a couple extra days. My parents were married in Phoenix, Arizona. Because of that, the temperature range for the highs (54F to 111F) didn't give me quite as much range as I wanted in the color. I decided to do half a row in the lows for each day and the other half is the high for that day. I also went in increments of 5 degrees. I picked this project because I wanted to give my mother a gift to remember my father by. He passed away February 4th. I figured it would be theraputic for me and would give my mom a nice HUGE warm blanket that she's been asking for. But, that's enough details on that project. I promise you will get updates and pictures of it on a regular basis.

I will be posting a baby bootie pattern very shortly. It is the first baby bootie pattern I have ever written and I am quite proud of it.

Thank you so much for coming back to my blog!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment